About the job
- Own and manage the drainage network operations & maintenance hydraulic model build, enhancements and verification / calibration process (whether it is in house or outsourced and /or have a watching brief on Qatar Integrated Drainage Master Plan(QIDMP), Expressway and LRDP modelling activities)
- Manage contractor and ensure data quality and accuracy and coverage is appropriate
- Provide the modelling expertise to support decision making, localised design activities and enhance operational regimes within drainage network operations & maintenance
- Undertake gap analysis between present modelling programme and the full coverage required by drainage network operations & maintenance
- Carry out root cause analysis with field support from O&M
- Establish a model maintenance programme for use aligned to all Doha infrastructure projects (mainly LRDP, Highways Department and Qatar Rail Projects) and Qatar Integrated Drainage Master Plan (QIDMP) and ensure that models are maintained and enhanced in line with the asset handovers
- Utilise InfoNet for catchment and CCTV analysis whilst the model build activities are undertaken and identify and feedback GIS data improvement as a result of this.
- Develop BAU processes and modelling procedural documentation
- Develop model build specification suitable for drainage network operations & maintenance
- Establish the framework and governance to interface with QIDMP and LRDP and establish a Company Modelling Forum
- Agree Data Sharing protocols and mastering / ownership of models between PA and drainage network operations & maintenance .
- Agree access rights to the model library with LRDP and usage protocols
- Interface with IA on modelling and ensure the model library protocols developed by LRDP are adhered to.
- Identify knowledge sharing opportunities and alignment activities with the model build teams on QIDMP and Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC)
- Agree IT system for wider sharing of model results availability (e.g. GIS)
- Prepare technical documents for procuring a specialist consultant to build, calibrate / verify models. Establish standard support service requirements for standard data collection activities for modelling i.e. manhole surveys, pumping station surveys, CCTV and Flow surveys
- Undertake stakeholder analysis and deliver a communications plan to raise awareness of modelling and benefits across drainage network operations & maintenance
- Roll out training as required including InfoNet to drainage network operations & maintenance asset management team
- Support Asset Plan development with model outputs and analysis
- Undertake site visit for verification of data and field inspection
- Support the section and department in emergency management such as rainy season activities including attendance at Emergency Control Centre (ECC) and/or site
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures within the workplace and comply with any new work instructions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant subject
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Holder of Chartered Membership in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering) would be an advantage
- Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience preferably in wastewater hydraulic modelling including development, calibration and verification techniques, simulation and system capability assessment.
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience in water supply hydraulic modelling
- Knowledge of analysing and monitoring data
- Advanced knowledge of the design and operation of sewerage systems.
- Competent to advanced skills level in Hydraulic Modelling Packages, preferable Info Works Suite or similar
- Knowledge of Quality, Health and Safety, and Environment policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organisation
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred