About the job
- Review contractor invoice submissions and ensure that the invoice amount is calculated correctly in accordance with the contract and the required supporting information, documents and approvals are enclosed with the invoice.
- Update invoice/payment tracker and ensure accuracy and completeness of information in the tracker.
- Prepare payment certificates and other payment documents as per the Company and Assets Affairs Payment Procedure and submit for approvals.
- Process contractor invoices in an efficient and timely manner to achieve the Finance Unit’s processing time target.
- Ensure assigned payment processing function is carried out in compliance with Company and Assets Affairs Payment Procedure.
- Effectively communicate (in writing and verbally) with Assets Affairs staff and other departments (e.g. EBD, Corporate Finance, etc.) within Company as required to get payments approved/processed and resolve issues related to payment processing.
- Effectively communicate (in writing and verbally) with contractors to inform contractors about Company / Assets Affairs payment processing requirements and procedure, and to resolve any issues related to contractor invoice submissions.
- Record resource and key activity costs based on the Assets Affairs costing model and guidelines.
- Assist with developing and implementing new initiatives to achieve the Finance Unit objectives
- Prepare Assets Affairs financial management procedures and guidelines
- Perform other duties/ tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration or in a relevant subject.
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Holder of Accounting certificate such as CIMA , CMA , CPA or CA would be an advantage
- Holder of Accreditation from relevant professional bodies would be an advantage
- Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
- Minimum of 12 years’ finance accounting or costing experience including minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing contracts/ projects financial performance and leading a team
- Knowledge and experience in Budgeting, costing and forecasting methods, practices, procedures, regulations and policies
- Knowledge and experience related to change management and process flow documentation
- Experience within the Utilities Sector, with a processing the payments, costing etc.
- Minimum 5 years Financial Management experience related to Drainage Assets
- Experience of producing the expense reports, payment trackers
- Ability to review and process the invoices, payment certificates
- Experience in Microsoft Office, FCTS, Moazanah and Oracle, Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages and in particular Microsoft Excel 2010
- Ability to influence and engage with staff at all levels within the Organisation
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic will be an advantage