About the job
The air freight industry landscape is entering an accelerated phase of change and transformation. From digitalising the end-to-end value chain, to fortifying a true e-commerce experience, to the launch of digital freight marketplaces, and much more. At Qatar Airways Cargo, we recently launched our VISION 2027 Roadmap as part of The Next Generation programme. The roadmap encapsulates the journey to bring about changes both internally and externally with the objective to simplify business engagements with Qatar Airways Cargo regardless whether the task on hand is complex or simple.
To support our VISION 2027 roadmap, we are looking for talents – the bold, the imaginative and the change-maker. All of whom will support Qatar Airways Cargo’s position as a true leader in the air freight industry. If you want to make an impact, to grow your experience and to challenge your comfort zone, then join us at Qatar Airways Cargo and be part of The Next Generation of change-makers.
Become the ambassador and the orchestrator of Qatar Airways Cargo VISION 2027.
About the role
We are pleased to announce this incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of Qatar Airways Cargo’s Customer Experience Team as a Senior Manager Cargo Intelligence & Insights in our office in Doha. Join the #MovedByPeople family and leave a mark as part of CE Team.
In this role, you will lead the development, planning and implementation of the data strategy by providing analytics and governance to maximize revenue and profit generation across the regions and ensure achievement of budget targets. Your role will manage a central team which provides insightful analytics to key stakeholders across all regions covering commercial, operations and revenue management.
If you are a proactive person, results-oriented, willing to engage an international community and inspired to shape the future of air cargo industry with us, you are our candidate!
As part of your role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with regional and HO leadership team to develop commercial strategy and feedback market insights to head office to support strategic target setting and decision making.
- Translate the Next Generation Strategy into key objectives for each Point of Sale, Distribution Channel and Customer segment.
- Support delivery of strategic innovation including new commercial solutions, products and analytics with the purpose of increasing penetration in existing customer segments and/or developing new ones.
- Drive development of best practices approach for analytics and metrics through selection of the right people and tools alongside definition of effective processes.
- Define commercial long-term business objectives and KPls and validate these with department heads / Executives.
- Provide holistic view and insight of local markets across region including, competitive landscape evolution and comprehensive analysis to support risk profile optimization and build on business opportunities.
- Manage Commercial projects across the region relating to the delivery of revenue results.
- Support achievement of best return on investment when allocating cost of sale across channels factoring in respective channel targets for all Points of Sales.
- Take responsibility for meeting revenue targets for the Region by partnering with Network, Sales and Revenue Management and put in in place improve
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably within the field of Data, Business, Economics, Sales and Marketing or Finance with minimum 10 years of job-related experience
- A relevant managerial role in a cargo airline or freight forwarder environment is preferred
- Strong command of English language
- Effective listening and critical thinking skills
- Strict project management discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills with leadership qualities
- Should be excellent at using MS Office (Excel, word and PowerPoint), and should be able to use tools like Tableau