About the job
About the job:
In this interesting role you will be working in our Logistics/Transportation Team.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Head of Transportation the Senior Transportation Supervisor will take a lead role directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles.
- Day to day management of the transportation department.
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the operational standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve other divisions, customer, or service compliance complaints.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures and customer service objectives.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits and attending company safety meetings.
- Monitor and maintain the vehicle tracking, fuel consumptions and camera systems
For you to be successful you will need to have the following:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree is required. Hold certifications in traffic maintenance, hazardous materials or erosion and sediment control or similar.
- At least 3 to 4 years’ experience as a transportation supervisor in a logistics environment.
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Good knowledge of various heavy-duty vehicles and their properties.
- Good command of English language. Arabic would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of Qatar and GCC business environments.
- Previous experience in working with a variety of GPS tracking, incident monitoring, video, and incident
- applications. Fleet track experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS office tools.