About the job
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage a team of commercial, procurement, and contract staff, including subconsultants, to analyze, evaluate and manage project finances, contracts, as well as assuring commercial performance against established schedule, budgets, and other critical project data.
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to project team for the resolution of project commercial and contracts related issues, ensuring latest information and resources are available for dealing with all issues.
- Oversee the commercial performance of assigned project areas to ensure project commercial procedures and objectives are maintained by sharing best practices and continual improvement techniques with staff, monitoring, and reporting to senior management concerning compliance with client business objectives.
- Interface with client team as required, attends regular meetings, and provide critical project updates/ reports and presentations.
- Assist with key contract negotiations or contract modifications, drawing upon broad prior experience to effectively negotiate the most favorable terms and conditions for the assigned project to achieve client objectives.
- Establish and lead implementation of strategic commercial project plans
- Provide project planning support (e.g., risk assessment, bid/no bid analysis, participation in business plan development, etc.).
- Identify risks and contractual terms not conforming to project policy and procedures.
- Manage successful commercial execution of assigned projects to meet project goals and requirements, in coordination with the Senior Project Manager of assigned area, by:
- Assisting with the development of work plans and budgets.
- Reviewing project proposals or work plans to determine time frame, financial objectives, and procedures for accomplishing work.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree, as a minimum, in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Law, Procurement and Finance, or related technical/business field from an accredited internationally recognized university.
- Qualified and Chartered by a recognized international body such Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Chartered Institute of Arbitrators or other internationally recognized similar institution.
- Experience exceeding twenty (20) years, with at least fifteen (15) years working for large international construction engineering consultancies and/or construction companies.
- Must possess:
- Experience of managing large projects/programs, preferably within the Entertainment sector.
- Negotiation of Prime contracts and management thereof, including management of international consultants and/ or contractors.
- Proven claims background (knowledge of SCL Delay and Disruption Protocol and/or Arbitration/ Dispute Resolution).
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with staff, client, and third-party teams, interface and coordinate project performance with other disciplines, interpret and deliver client’s vision, and proactively manage project processes and requirements.
- Ability to manage complex work situations, and where required negotiate to resolve contractual issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal/ management skills.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Formulating and implementing interventions to secure and deliver tenders.
- Coordinating information and activities among project and construction commercial teams, ensuring proper communication flow.
- Preparing project status reports, including updated cost projections and schedules for senior management and client.
- Identifying changes in scope or differing conditions and securing appropriate change orders for project cost and time if approved.
- Reviewing project progress reports and status of contracts, indicating current status with regards to financial situation and provide guidance and recommendations for improvements.
- Advising management of ways to limit any potential claims deriving from the failure to strictly adhere to project contract terms and conditions.
- Managing the review of contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the project delivery teams, where appropriate.
- Managing the preparation and maintenance of Engineer’s Instructions, contract changes (amendments), variation orders, insurance and claims logs.
- Facilitating the contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to contractors/consultants.