About the job
Our team is our greatest asset and the key to our success. We demonstrate our beliefs in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others, as we would have them deal with us. Our team is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion.
Who We Look For
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
The Four Seasons Resort & Residences is looking for Chef de Partie (Pastry Kitchen) to join our talented pre-opening team! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to join our team and be part of the world’s leading luxury hotel company.
- Assist the Jr. Sous Chef / Restaurant chef in the training and coaching of the team member.
- Ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared in the Restaurant.
- Assist in planning and developing menus for the Restaurant considering factors such as product availability, service cost, marketing conditions, number to be served, etc.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate food portions with respect to the hotel’s pricing policy.
- Assign prices for food items on daily menus in the Restaurant that result in net profit for the food cost area and participate in making decisions regarding printing, layouts, posting, and distribution of menus.
- Supervise all methods of food preparation and cooking methods, size of portions, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Coordinate and supervise the ordering of food supplies; keeps cost accounts, and take responsibility for food preparation areas.
- Assist in training, disciplining, supervising, and organizing staff dining personnel on a regular basis.
- Treat employees at every level of responsibilities fairly and consistently to achieve high morale and minimum turnover.
- Maintain a consistently high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments any special functions regarding food preparation and presentation, including additional costs and staffing requirements.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons and the state are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and neatness of the kitchen. The ability to supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
- Develop and ensure a safe working environment for people to work. Set up control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency.
- Create proper purchasing specifications. Monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Monitor and review food presentations and make recommendations for needed changes.
- Communicate with the Food and Beverage management on a regular basis the activities and results of the kitchen.
- Monitor the employee cafeteria to ensure a quality product and various menu items.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Adhere to Four Seasons Hotel’s standards as well as policies and procedures
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee Handbook
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and direct superior
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- preferably in hotel & tourism management or culinary arts background
- 2-4 years of experience in related field
- Excellent command in English
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Unique strong culture – diversity of 50 different nationalities
- Living accommodation in a high quality, well-resourced apartment
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels Worldwide
- Paid annual home leave tickets
- Complimentary meals in employee restaurants
- Free transportation to work
- Medical coverage
Hotel will apply for the work authorization for a successful candidate.