About the job
About The Role
You would be responsible in ensuring accurate and timely accounting and billing for Cargo Export Billing & Flown. Supervise accurate billing for Cargo Account Settlement System (CASS) and non-CASS agents, General Sales Agent (GSA), station sales and government bodies on due dates. You will be also responsible in ensuring Cargo Correction Advice (CCAs) for adjustment is correctly captured, processed, accounted, and monthly closing delivery supported by quality checks. Responsible on Cargo Revenue Accounting (CRA) activities including Export Billing, Flown and Reference data filling. Ensuring Accounted flown revenue are timely and correctly updated in Cargo Management Information System (MIS) and timely publication of MIS report to all stakeholders.
Roles And Responsibilities
Export Billing, Flown & MIS
- Action on any exceptions and query which getting escalated related to Export Billing and Flown are being attended and cleared on timely basis as per the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) / Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Responsible in completeness of export billing and Flown in Cargo Revenue Accounting (CRA) system and ensure zero Air waybills pending for export billed or pending for flown accounting.
- Supervise and ensure accurate and complete Export billing for CASS and non-CASS agents, GSAs, station sales and government bodies. Responsible on ensuring customers are being billed as per CASS/ Non-CASS billing timeline. Ensure accuracy and robustness of related process.
- Ensure CASS billing file are being loaded in accordance to CASS billing timeline as published by IATA. Immediately reach out to Station Cargo & Station finance for any rejected Air waybills during CASS uploads and monitor the issue until the matter is closed and payment is received thru CASS/Non-CASS channel.
- Provides cargo sales and flown data for the purpose of sales tax or other government agency requirement and perform extraction of Revenue data from Cargo MIS as requested by any department within Qatar Airways.
- Response to IT queries related to Cargo Management Information (MIS) and ensure Accounted flown revenue are timely and correctly updated in Cargo MIS and timely publication of MIS report to all stakeholders.
- Perform System Testing in the CRA system, document the test scenario with the test result (pass and fail conditions) and submit the report to the CRA Manager. Highlight any system defect, support, or enhancement required in the CRA System.
- Prepare new or revise the existing Internal Accounting Procedure (IAP) / Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and ensure it is comprehensive enough in order for the document to be used as a reference to any party.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level with 4 years of job-related experience
- Accounting/Finance/Commerce/Business Admin
- Knowledge on IATA Cargo proration and IATA Revenue Accounting rules (RAM)
- Basic Cargo Tariff, Ms Office suite, Business Objects
- Good Command of English language
- Good in analytical skills, knowledge in cargo rates/tariffs, TACT rules & proration
- Experience working in Cargo Revenue Accounting in Airline, Freight Forwarder or Cargo Revenue Accounting Service Provider.
- Hands on experience on a fully integrated Cargo Revenue Accounting System.
- Ability to meet work under pressure and meet the accounting timeline