About the job
About The Role
Co-ordination of Materials requirements in support of ongoing Heavy & Light maintenance checks and ad-hoc maintenance requirements across the Qatar Airways Fleet. This includes routine and non-routine tasks and chasing the progress to ensure proper, efficient and continuous material support to the aircrafts within scheduled ground time. An important element of the job function is to be instrumental to resolve day to day queries related to preload for the maintenance requirements to ensure material availability but may not be limited as job demands extensive communication with internal departments.
- Review the material requirements for all maintenance activities (heavy and light) received from centralized Planning and provide feedback within prescribed timeframes as per set QTR procedures.
- Work with individual Fleet Planning team in centralized planning to ensure that tasks are supported with correct materials and non-availability is communicated well in advance.
- Discuss material shortages with respective Technical Material Planner to provide final feedback.
- Based on feedback from Fleet Planning Team, follow up with the relevant Supply Chain team member from Purchasing/AOG Desk/Repair group to ensure material availability prior to maintenance input.
- Obtain up to date status of the spares required on a daily basis once the parts arrive in stores. Ensure information is passed to Stores in order to clear the parts on a priority basis
- Follow up with stores and Maintenance support teams to ensure that preload status is communicated and issued to the customer as per their requirement.
- Review the aircraft material requests (AMR) raised by maintenance IAW relevant documents and arrange to set up the Part numbers in TRAX to enable procurement.
- Review airframe/engine manufacturers approved technical documentation to identify alternate and/or interchangeable part numbers so as to ensure the correctness of data for preload.
- Review and coordinate with respective team to ensure re-order levels for all the expendable and consumable spare parts are set-up in the Trax system.
- As requested by the Technical Materials Planner, participate in daily morning meetings or other required liaison meetings as related to aircraft parts coordination.
- Preload items on incoming open defects with respect to IFE, Cabin Maintenance, and acceptable deferred defects prior to hangar input
- Ensure “C” checks at third party maintenance organizations to be carried out in line of contractual obligation, and update TRAX accordingly to account all the transactions done at MRO.
- Support methods to improve service levels.
- Prepare various reports to support critical Material Planning functions.
- As and when required “C” check at MRO to be handled as directed by Technical materials planner
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimize health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets.
- Have a good understanding of environmental principles and tools and how they apply to your department and role.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- University or Engineering Diploma with high grading from a recognized college or university.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience within an airline or MRO Materials Planning department.
- Attended Materials training courses from an aircraft manufacturer or OEM in the past five years.