About the job
Al Jazeera Academy (Secondary School) is seeking an experienced Teacher of English Literature to join the staff team at this successful school. Historically our students have entered for IGCSE English as a Second Language, however, due to our increased focused on literacy over the last few years we are now offering English Language and Literature to our students. Our first cohort of English Language and Literature at IGCSE will complete the course this year.
The candidate will have experience in teaching GCSE texts (Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Of Mice and Men, and the Edexcel IGCSE Anthology). The students who take part in this course tend to be the highest achievers in the school.
At KS3, the curriculum is geared towards preparing students to complete IGCSE English and Literature. Those who are unable to access the first language course in KS4 are entered for the IGCSE ESL programme.
We offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities within the academy including national and international competitions and events such as Model United Nations, Qatar Debate, the Science Olympiad and much more.
Al Jazeera Academy is a member of the Ta’allum Group of Schools. Ta’allum Group is a growing and successful organization consisting of three renowned partner Schools. Due to oversubscription, there are plans to open two new Academies in Doha in the near future.
Ta’allum Group – Al Jazeera Academy
PO Box 22250, Doha, State of Qatar
Salary and benefits package:
- Competitive Tax free salary, depending upon qualifications & experience
- Two Bedroom fully furnished Apartment with paid utilities
- Joining/repatriation ticket, Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, visa and residency for self and one nominated dependent
- Private medical insurance for self and one nominated dependent
- Free Schooling at Ta’allum Group Schools – 100% discount on tuition, registration and exam fees
- End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor law
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.
The selected applicant will be required to provide a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the equivalent or similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.