About the job
Are you a devoted, enthusiastic educator driven to share a love of learning with every student you encounter? A great opportunity awaits…
We are an educational organization in the tax-free, progressive State of Qatar powered by dedicated leaders working diligently to develop and cultivate lifelong learners. We are looking for passionate, purpose-driven Teachers to mentor our students while creating an impactful and positivity-fuel learning experience. This is a unique opportunity to apply your love of learning, passion for teaching, and commitment to ensure that each child’s individual educational experience is expanded and enriched.
We are seeking experienced educators with a British Curriculum background open to bringing their love of teaching to our school, the Newton International School West Bay, for the 2023-2024 academic year in Qatar. Enjoy a wide variety of benefits, including a competitive tax-free salary, furnished accommodations and utilities, transportation to and from school, annual return flights, local healthcare, end-of-service gratuity, access to good CPD, and a deeply supportive and leadership committed to exceptional career development opportunities. We are looking for extraordinary teachers to make us even better. We offer an inspiring opportunity to foster inclusive education, craft a meaningful vocation and make a real difference.
Are you ready for a teaching role with a group of like-minded educators? Check out the job details below.
What You Bring to The Table
Following are just some of the attributes that will contribute to your success as a teacher:
- Communicator – You listen as much as you speak, and your written and verbal skills are exceptional
- Leader – You lead with integrity and by example. You are an active participant in our children’s learning and a trusted partner and resource to our parents and other key stakeholders
- Integrator – A born builder; you enjoy implementing learning in everything you do
- Connector – You create genuine connections and lasting partnerships both internally and externally
- Collaborator – Team player, confidant, educator, and mentor, you work well with others
- Energetic – You have a positive attitude, radiate energy, and work tirelessly to bring the best in education to the young minds you engage
- Mission-focused – You are excited about education, driven by learning, and enjoy information sharing to help our families thrive
What You Can Expect Day-to-Day
The following are the core responsibilities for our teachers:
- Support, teach, and guide students while they learn in the classroom environment
- Create lesson plans, curricula, learning exercises, and all other independent learning activities
- Ensure a clean, safe, stimulating classroom for children to learn, express themselves and meet their educational milestones
- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with students and parents
- Monitor and assess student’s academic progress, provide reporting, and develop learning paths to address gaps as necessary
- Keep all necessary student records and handle various administrative tasks required
- Participate in school-wide activities and accompany students on field trips/events
What it Takes
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated educator motivated by teaching and the lasting impact you’ll have on our students.
- Bachelor of Education
- 3+ years of British curriculum experience
- Proven teaching skills
- Exceptional communication – both written and verbal
- A supportive and strong team ethic
- Demonstrated initiative and extraordinary resilience
- Valid covid vaccination card