About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Operations Systems Officer, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The Operations Systems Officer will be responsible for providing IT Systems support including and not limited to: technical support for system issues affecting business users, monitoring bug fixes, assisting business to execute UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for the system releases, maintaining system related processes, user access rights, updating and maintaining reference data, carry out systems audits, in cooperation with Project Team support business by incorporating identified system’s enhancements. The role holder will also be responsible for managing the following systems: PTRMS, PRISM, Qloud, TOPS and SharePoint and on a business request and whenever required the role will provide trainings and guidance to the end users to achieve and ensure best possible usage of the assigned systems.
Specific Responsibilities For The Role Include
- Maintain required reference data within the operational systems so that users can select, use and undertake tasks linked to the reference data without delay and any issue. For example, ensuring aircraft tails, airports, scheduling codes, crew expiries etc. are set-up in the system.
- Following Operations Systems Specialist and Systems Manager directions, carry out routine system management tasks, ensuring all reference data, user data and permissions, configurations and rules are set-up, configured and working correctly.
- Review and execute ITSRs to provide User Access to the required operational systems.
- Assist in systems testing in accordance with test scripts, to ensure that new releases, patches or developments are fit-for-purpose and work as per the User Requirements.
- Manage software update process, coordinating with IT to ensure software are received, tested and promoted to test and production environments in a timely manner.
- Ensure departmental SharePoint sites are built, maintained and updated as per business requirements.
- Prepare systems maintenance reports and KPI’s as required, sharing with relevant management to ensure effective measurement of service level agreements.
- Work with end-users to identify system / software limitations for customization and improvement in order to improve the effectiveness of the job the end-user is undertaking.
- Assist in the development and production of relevant training, knowledge and guidance material for operational systems.
- Assist in the production and ongoing revision of systems management procedures manuals to ensure that processes and procedures are correctly documented.
- Perform other duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business Administration with minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience in systems support or business administration.
- Airline Operational Experience.
- Experience with pilot training records.
- Experience with using / supporting aircraft or crew scheduling systems.
- Experience in Aircraft or Crew scheduling role.
- Working knowledge of EASA FCL and FTL regulations.
- Ability to use AIMS crew management system or similar.
- Ability to analyze basic data and information.
- Command of English language.
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Problem solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.