About the job
Role And Responsibilities
CAE is currently looking for a Group Leader Technical Services in Doha. As a Group Leader Technical Operations, you will be the point-of-contact for all issues pertaining to the simulator Technicians and Engineers and responsible for the following, but not limited to areas:
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SUPPORT:
- Establish and maintain a strong and effective relationship with the customer and gain their trust and respect.
- Monitor simulator discrepancies and ensure that they are prioritized and corrected in a timely manner.
- Monitor and assure all simulators ready for training.
- Provides technical advice to customers and may be asked to conduct meetings with customers and/or regulatory agencies.
- Plan and coordinate daily activities and work assignments along with future projects in order to minimize customer impact; Identify and track recurring and potential system problems and confer with technical experts and colleagues to formulate working plans to alleviate problems
- Inspire a teamwork climate to accomplish and exceed customer expectations.
- Inform/communicate and delegate tasks and responsibilities with transparency and follow-up.
- Actively involved in recruiting, hiring and developing of staff to achieve departmental objectives (qualified devices, snag counts, reports, etc.)
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES & REPORTING:
- Coordinate schedules with technicians and assist in the generation of monthly schedules to provide sufficient coverage.
- Communicate to senior management all important and priority items that have arisen from the technical operation arising from either the simulator technicians or the customer.
- Generate and lead the annual performance reviews of the simulator technicians.
- Coordinate with any necessary personnel (CAE, vendors, etc.) to obtain parts and assistance to support operations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma in Electronics or Electrical or Aviation related field; and at least Eight (8) years direct simulator experience with at least Five (5) years on CAE equipment.
- At least Four (4) years of Managerial/Supervisory position in Simulator Technical support environment.
- Ability to make quality decisions and recommendations on technical aspects and pertaining to human resources issues.
- Proven ability to create and foster a teamwork climate in which people want to do their best and value the employees while ensuring the team remains fully engaged.
- Competence to motivate and develop direct reports; excellent leadership skills to steadfastly push self and others to reach and surpass expectations.
- Solid technical background (Hardware and Software) and familiarity with technical simulator issues on all different systems, specifically: motion, visual, avionics, hydraulics, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the customer to gain their trust and respect
- Highly Customer oriented and must be able to deal tactfully in sensitive situations
- Advanced understanding of Military Aviation training.
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in English.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work in a Defense & Security environment
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.