About the job
Qatar National Library seeks an outstanding and experienced Director of Content Services.
This position reports to the QNL Executive Director and is a member of the library’s senior management team, contributing to the achievement of the library’s vision through its strategy and initiatives. He/she will oversee the cataloging and acquisition sections, legal deposit, metadata creation as well as establishing the direction and management of the library’s technical services activities (including acquisition, cataloging, classification, metadata creation and metadata management, the processing of library materials, etc.) and ensuring access to materials in all formats and across many disciplines and languages.
Minimum knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in library and information science
- Eight years of experience in technical services and at least six years in a managerial position
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage complex workflows
- Excellent understanding of the role of technical services in libraries
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively in a multicultural society
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual and fluent in Arabic and English