About the job
The Registrar ensures the registration, documentation, and preservation of the GC collection following professional museum standards and QM policies and procedures. The Registrar also assists curatorial staff with the development of exhibitions by coordinating the relevant loans and collection requirements.
- Works closely with the Head of Collection Management in organizing and managing work in collection management and documentation
- Coordinates tasks, activities, and projects with other teams in the collection section.
- Created schedule and working plan and coordinated work on the documentation backlog.
- Working closely with curators, coordinating all incoming loans for exhibitions ensuring all relevant deadlines are met
- Collect and monitor environment reports in exhibition spaces and report any issues of concern
- Administer approved outgoing loans from the GC collection according to agreed procedures
- Manage the reproduction of images of collection items for internal or external purposes, including attributions, copyright, and commercial arrangements
- Facilities and digitalization of collection and upload in CMS.
- Checks and priorities improving documentation quality of existing records
- Create new digital and paper records; oversee the maintenance of paper files and archives.
- Supervises implementation of Barcoding system implemented by all teams
- Supervise and support volunteers and interns.
- Organizes andundertakes retrospective documentation and cataloging of the collection according to a planned program of work, using CMS
- Play a key role in managing and maintaining the CMS, including data entry according to defined standards and business rules; maintaining records of the location and movement of objects; coordinating regular upgrades and maintenance of the system and data; making recommendations to improve processes and use of CMSfunctionality; Prepare CMS records to be included in the online database
- Assist with maximizing access to the collection for internal audiences and answer general inquiries (including photographic inquiries).
- Maintain high standards of interdepartmental communication.
- Assist other sections with access to the collection, documentation, and alike.
- Support the objectives of the General Collection Strategy.
- Create digital resources, including images that can be added to the CMS and uploaded to the website.
- Performs quality checks and data-entry verifications.
- Assist in the movement and arrangement of the collection in existing and new storage buildings and rooms.
- Uses QM CMS system to document and improve departments documentation
- To support developing and delivering regular staff training in the context of the collection documentation.
- Drafts and complies with job-related policies, procedures, and standards for museum practices
- Creates an annual list of purchases required for carrying out collection documentation
- Able to prioritize the ability to develop strategies for preventive care of objects individually, quickly, and accurately when a project requires;
- Ability to take direction & be receptive to constructive feedback
- To support all other departmental activities as Required.
- Bachelors Degree with 7+ hands on experience in Museums.
- Average understanding and skills of the collection management system, preferably QEMU.
- Knowledge of contemporary practices of time-based conservation and collection care and management.
- Demonstrated strength in coordinating and working with teams collaboratively on complex projects.
- Ability to work eﬀectively under pressure and in a self-motivated and dynamic way to meet deadlines, enjoying freedom to work on one’s own while following directions.
- Strong organizational skills are essential, with the ability to prioritize and organize complex and multiple activities.
- Good writing skills with precise attention to detail.