About the job
As a Catering Performance Specialist, you will be responsible to manage the performance of a group of catering suppliers ensuring for consistent high-quality delivery in full compliance with QR standards, procedures and budgets. Represents caterer views within Catering Services and ensures clear communication of requirements and standards to supplier group.
Other Key Responsibilities Are
- Acts as a Key Account Manager managing the supply of catering services from a group of stations in line with budgeted costs ensuring control of meal wastage and identification of savings opportunities.
- Ensures that all services provided are in line with Qatar Airways food safety, Halal and operational performance standards – developing and reporting / tracking performance standards and managing Corrective Action Plans as appropriate. Develop and maintain operational contingency plans with all stations to ensure operational performance maintained during times of disruption.
- Manages caterer performance through the use of on-site audits, feedback from other departments and airport teams and guests. Ensure that all results are tracked and caterers are ranked in a performance awards scheme. Responsible for monitoring, tracking and closing all VRs for the assigned station group and for reporting performance regularly to management.
- Manages the development and application of Catering Services’ operational SOPs and SLAs with suppliers
- Ensures caterers, where appropriate, develop onboard menus, in line with Qatar Airways style and food philosophy in association with the F&B team. Responsible for ensuring suppliers have the necessary culinary information to be able to cater as per the menus onboard.
- Maintains the integrity of Qatar Airways systems through the use of audits and delivery of training programs. Use feedback from other stakeholders to identify and resolve any issues
- Participates in all projects that have a direct impact on the operational or financial performance to ensure that they are deliverable; making recommendations that will support the desired outcome
- Supports other regions during times of annual leave always ensuring coverage for all stations and where necessary for 24/7 QROCC.
- Performs monthly checks on outbound and inbound flights in DOH covering product to and from the station group to ensure standards are adhered to, identify any issues and provide feedback to supplier and management as appropriate
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the Catering Team. In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for the candidate with
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 4+ years of job-related experience.
- Proven experience of catering supplier management and driving results through suppliers
- Experience of collaborating and working cross functionally
- Advanced level of communication skills in English
- Able to multi task and prioritize tasks during periods of high operational tempo.
- Proven ability to create and execute operational plans to prevent and minimize operational disruptions
- Be able to travel for extended periods of time as required.