About the job
About The Role
Delivers exceptional service by greeting arriving guests and ensuring a positive first impression of the establishment as guests enter the restaurant. Responsible for welcoming guests and efficiently managing timely seating to their respective tables.
Key Accountabilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Welcome, greet and seat guests, and present the menus to guests with a positive approach and a smile, and always maintain positive body language. Treat all guests in a professional manner to ensure complete guest satisfaction; always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Take guest information and inform waiting times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Handle the table bookings, arrange dining reservations for guests in advance and as they arrive at the restaurant, escorting guests to their tables, monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables for guest reservation.
- Regularly check reservation list, coordinate with service associate and kitchen staff for necessary preparation of guest arrival.
- Inspect and maintain the dining facilities to ensure dining area are cleaned at all the times.
- Collect comment cards from the guest and compile all feedback for management attention and action for future improvement.
- Answer the phone and answer question concerning the menu and restaurant, ensuring all queries are answered timely and accurately.
- Check the menu appearance regularly to ensure all menus are updated and presentable as per company standard.
- Observe tables and keep track of clean, dirty and occupied tables. Be available for Guests at all times as a point of contact.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the airport facilities, services and respond to guest queries accordingly.
- Maintain effective communication with all related departments to ensure a smooth service delivery.
- Interact with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience. Offer consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service.
- Adhere to highest grooming and appearance standards at all times.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- Accept and fill in take away orders, if applicable.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High school graduation
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in similar role.
Job Specific Skills:
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- Ability to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Be able to stand for long period of time
- Responsible for incoming and passing by guest
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and work in a busy environment under pressure
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to act with a customer comes first attitude and deliver customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment