About the job
About The Role
Events & Exhibitions Officer is responsible to plan, implement, coordinate and execute events and exhibitions, including destination and product launches, conferences, and air shows to provide a platform to expand the Qatar Airways brand name globally.
- Implement the organization’s events, promotions and exhibitions program and maximize branding opportunities at all QR Events.
- Support promotional and exhibition events with outstations and support them to ensure proper branding and QR guidelines are followed.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities in the area of events and exhibitions.
- Liaise with event management companies and contractors to ensure all logistical and operational aspects of the event elements are met.
- Liaise with hotels, venues, organizers, transport companies, and suppliers to execute 5-star events and exhibitions.
- Assist with preparing overall Events & Exhibitions annual budget based on confirmed events and projected events.
- Prepare budgets, coordinate the necessary approvals and manage costs while ensuring all projects are executed within pre-approved budgets.
- Coordinate the production and supply of promotional items.
- Conduct site visits and prepares recommendations for senior management approval.
- The on-site main point of contact of all logistical aspects to ensure the smooth running of the event; including but not limited to, overseeing QR delegation arrangements, VIP arrangements, main contact point with suppliers, overseeing QR marketing materials delivery and set-up, ensuring all set-up is as per QR standard.
- Assist Manager Events & Exhibitions with developing improvements, documenting processes, and creating best practice documents.
- Offer and provide assistance to other departments at Head Office level with events and exhibition activities.
Management & Leadership
- Regularly evaluate the team and project objectives, plans, procedures, and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Provide guidance and training to Administration staff.
- Establish event project objectives and priorities to align with the event timelines.
- Take responsibility for your own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimize health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality, and environmental management policies, procedures, and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, and delivery of high-quality service with a responsible environmental attitude
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses, and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, University degree in adverting/marketing/public relations/communications or a relevant discipline with minimum 5 years of job-related in multi-national experience working in diverse markets.