About the job
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Senior in Audit & Assurance, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Builds trust and credibility with stakeholders by seeking to understand their service levels expectations and what matters to them individually
- Delivers high quality services by demonstrating a practical awareness of the impact of regulation and risk management on business processes and controls
- Takes responsibility for understanding key statistics and industry matters about entity before engagement begins
- Adapts template referral instructions to clearly outline the scope of procedures to be performed, including the areas of audit focus. Understands the structure of the group audit and for whom the referral instructions are intended
- Liaises effectively with onshore and offshore Centers of Excellence in the delivery of relevant tasks, understanding the scope of work delegated to them and the importance of providing accurate and complete information to them
- Assists in tracking deliverables from component auditors and seeks to understand the relevance and importance of these
- Appropriately links risks, controls, procedures and findings from allocated sections across the EMS file on a timely basis
- Can articulate the audit quality milestones, the ways in which teams demonstrate completeness of milestones, and how the audit quality milestones contribute to audit quality
- Understands the rationale behind the timings of the audit plan and is prepared to offer challenge around whether work can be performed earlier in the audit cycle
- Prepares documentation by anticipating questions that reviewers may ask and distinguishes accounting judgements and conclusions from auditing judgements and conclusions
- Understands that it is important to develop relationships beyond the finance function in order to better understand the entity’s business and apply professional skepticism
- Has a practical awareness of the risks around the engagement lifecycle and regulatory environment, and relevant practice protection policies
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Degree in Accounting or related field. Graduate degree is desired.
- 3+ years of experience in public auditing and accounting, preferably with Big Audit Firms.
- Supervise staff, inspect client financial records, compile and analyze data, prepare detailed audit reports and resolve accounting research issues.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
- International accounting qualification is desired: CA, ACCA, or CPA. Preferably CA.
- Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English).