About the job
Project: This is a mixed-use project in the heart of Qatar.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior project manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
The role involves the management of civil engineering projects during planning, design, and construction.
This will include supervision of subcontractors, attendance at project progress meetings, and monitoring of compliance with applicable codes and standards.
The role will require candidates to work effectively in a client-facing environment.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on design progress.
- Ensuring designs are developed in compliance with project briefs.
- Ensuring scope change is monitored and managed in accordance with change protocols.
- Ensuring detailed and/or peer reviews are scheduled if required.
- Reviewing design submissions and progress reports.
- Managing, coordinating, and participating in the design and technical review workshops.
- Challenging and supporting the design teams to ensure design solutions are optimized.
- Ensuring that personal health, safety, and well-being, and that of the team are maintained.
- Relevant sector-specific knowledge, including industry standards and terms of reference.
- Understanding of programs and critical paths.
- Understanding of client governance requirements for design stage approvals.
- Understanding of design team structures and wider delivery team structures.
- Understanding of roles, responsibilities, and requirements of delivery teams.
- Having a good working knowledge of design processes for all disciplines.
- Understanding of value management & value engineering.
- Knowledge of construction technology knowledge (on-site experience).
- Knowledge of Statutory Approvals for Development Control, Civil defence as applicable
- Knowledge of applicable international codes, standards, and regulatory frameworks.
- Having good verbal and written communication.
- Having good reporting and presentation skills; including powerpoint, excel, and word.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships, and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You must have experience in programme or project management equating quality and value with the individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.