About the job
Are you an experienced leader and passionate about education?
Phenomenal opportunity is now open in dynamic Qatar!
We are looking for a highly qualified Academic Vice Principal for Grades 7 – 12 to provide professional vision and leadership to Qatar-Finland International School starting in Autumn 2022.
The selected Academic Vice Principal will work collaboratively with the Q.F.I. School Principal and two other Vice Principals, as well as in close collaboration with the ECF home office.
ACADEMIC VICE-PRINCIPAL for grades 7-12
Your main responsibilities are:
- Acting as the direct supervisor for designated staff members
- Leading daily operations
- Leading pedagogical processes
- Leading student welfare work
- Co-leading high school development
- Coordinating and facilitating Finnish International Final Exams at the school
- Substituting Principal
- Participating and contributing to the operational and development teams
- Implementing and developing recruitment processes
- Contributing to staff professional development processes
- Coordinating the development and procurement of educational materials and educational resources according to the school curriculum
Our expectations are:
- A Finnish teacher qualification and a deep understanding of Finnish pedagogy and high school operations in Finland
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative experience as a principal or a vice principal in a Finnish high school
- A minimum of 7 years of teaching experience
- A solid working proficiency in English
- A pedagogically skillful leader, strategic planner and developer
- A dynamic, flexible and highly driven with strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Broad knowledge of leading a Finnish school and eligibility to work as a principal in Finland will be considered an advantage
- Working experience in an international and multicultural setting will be considered an advantage
We offer a competitive salary package with a fantastic opportunity to develop professionalism in a truly international environment as a member of an inspiring, multicultural team!
The application period is 8 – 31 August 2022. However, we will start processing applications right away. The starting of the employment will be agreed upon with the selected person. The School will assist with relocation processes and housing arrangements.