About the job
To help maintain the standard in freight operations with regard to proper documentation and ensure the efficient and smooth handling of all air freight activities.
- Negotiating rates for air freight operations.
- Send routing and follow up with origin and update customer with status at all stages till freight arrives in Kuwait.
- Follow up with the clearance department to ensure the air freight is cleared and delivered to customer on time. Update system with POD.
- Update the tracking sheet with freight status and send to the customer on daily basis.
- Negotiate Air Rates with Carriers and update the Air Export Rate sheet in share point.
- Create jobs in CONTROL for all air export shipments.
- Complete Costing & Billing for both Import and Export jobs.
- Quote Agent & Customers for all air export inquiries.
- Quoting and handling freights both import and export for exhibitions.
- Supporting employees on CONTROL issues.
- Any other related duties / projects assigned by the direct supervisor from time to time to meet the business exigencies.
- Appropriate monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison.
- Provides regular update to the Line Manager.
- Minimum Graduation from a recognized university.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- Well experienced in export and import through air & land transportation or progressed in PWC about the same period
- Strong customer service skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer skills; Microsoft office, email, internet explorer, etc. and ability to learn proprietary business software applications
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, organize and prioritize work load in order to meet numerous deadlines.
- Positive attitude, team player and outgoing personality.
- Willingness to learn and give the extra mile for the company