About the job
To prepare the full suite of pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup sequence and strategy documents for projects.
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines
- Creating commissioning procedures, writing reports and documentation
- Liaising with client/engineers/project engineers
- Coordinating commissioning activities and preparing commissioning procedures and documentation.
- Support planning and execution of commissioning documentation preparation and ensure all interfaces between systems are covered;
- To independently plan and organize Commissioning and Start-up activities based on a good understanding of the company’s procedures, project contract, specifications, documents, drawings, codes and vendor documents.
- Provides inputs regarding the organization of manpower resources and deployment schedule for commissioning.
- Participates in meetings with the project team to review progress and addresses interface / implementation / execution issues where necessary based on the department’s procedures, practices and lessons learnt from past projects to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Participation in safety reviews, model reviews and HAZOP studies to ensure commissioning and operations requirements are built into the design.
- Support identification and development of systems by marked-up PEFS, (define commissioning systems).
- Support preparation for commissioning of projects using the typical Completion checklists.
- Provide CSU schedule input into project execution strategies and plans.
- Support and review development of commissioning logic sequence used as a basis for Mechanical Completion for Construction and development of the Construction/Commissioning Schedule.
- Support and review development of safety procedures to be used during commissioning activities.
- Review subcontracts to handle specific requirements.
- Support and review preparation of communication procedures (instructions, meetings, and reporting) to be used during commissioning.
- Review of the Project Handover Documents.
- Support development and review execution of the Project to Asset handover process, ensuring that all regulatory and stakeholder requirements are proactively met.
- Support development and review activity description-logic relationships-resources / vendor support / special tools-temporary facilities-durations.
- Support development and review system testing scope.
Worley, Vision, Purpose & Values
- Understands and communicates Worley’s Vision, Purpose & Values and translates the strategy into practical goals and objectives for self and team members
- Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Competent in implementing HSE in the design process, focuses on process safety and strives to use best practice
Job Specific Knowledge
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Has an intermediate understanding of regulations, codes and industry standard practices
- Has a good understanding of onshore & offshore engineering practices applicable to engineering design for oil and gas/refinery/petrochemical facilities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline and at least 10 years relevant experience in Brownfield Engineering and Construction with mixture of design and onshore/offshore site experience
- Must have handled all pre-commissioning and commissioning activities for oil & gas facilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pre-commissioning procedure and commissioning procedures.
- Good understanding of modern systematic pre-commissioning processes is required
- Detailed knowledge of systems & tools required to deliver successful CSU on a major project including Flawless methodology
Industry Specific Experience
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Brownfield Engineering and Construction with a mixture of design and onshore/offshore site experience
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas Project Delivery with experience in Commissioning & Start-up.
- Experience in the Middle East, in front-end engineering, is an advantage.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Able to work in a diverse team.
- Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective business relationships throughout the organization.
- Communicates in English clearly, accurately, and consistently both verbally and in written matters.
- Employs the principles of active listening and encourages feedback from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, persistence and tenacity.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.