About the job
You as a Service Project Manager will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Doha, Qatar. Reporting to the Project Operations Manager – Service, you will lead the execution of medium-size projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi Energy policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- Project leadership: Leading the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivation and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Project portfolio: Ensuring that the portfolio of projects is managed consistently, based on best practices and Hitachi Energy Policies.
- Instructions and guidelines: Ensuring that Hitachi Energy policies are consistently followed. Developing, customizing and continuously improving standard processes and work instructions by adopting Hitachi Energy and external best practices. Ensuring that lessons learned from project execution are analyzed and conclusions are incorporated in continuous improvement actions.
- Planning and control: Creating work plans and tracks costs or estimating in one’s area of responsibility. Reviewing and approving scope, budgeting and scheduling for assignments and ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management: Completing risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Operations Planning: Participating in sales and operations planning with other members of the ME Service OU Team and takes actions to close potential gaps in project execution capacity.
- Project Execution and Control: Project execution and preparation of project reviews. Taking an active role in resolving escalated project issues, especially those raised by customers. Ensuring that projects are formally closed out, as contractually agreed.
- Contract and Claims: Ensuring that all projects consistently apply contract and claims management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy Policies and contractual agreements.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE): Validating and supporting that adequate HSE measures are taken in the respective project operations functions and that an HSE culture is implemented and maintained in the organization.
- People leadership and development: Managing assigned resources for activities, assigns tasks to team members, and supervises workload and work allocation within the team. Ensuring appropriate competencies are developed and acquired within the team to support development and succession planning. Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect employees with the support of HR processes.
- Safety and integrity: Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering and Hitachi Energy PM certification or similar.
- More than 8 years’ experience as Project Manager in the similar industry. Experience with SAP PS, MS Project, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and other software.
- Excellent communicator and management of customer relations.
- Ability to demonstrate negotiation skills in interaction with internal and external customers.
- Ability to assess, propose and implement solutions for rapid recovery of troubled or challenged projects. Must be self-motivated with a high level of creativity.
- Ability to problem solving and conflict resolution with a sound understanding where escalation is required.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.