About the job
The Junior Accountant is responsible to safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks; to supervise and aid the accounting staff with the daily activities; to serve as a point of contact for other department managers.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and having a working knowledge of all areas in accounting and being able to assist or cover a position if needed.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining the internal controls in all areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that the accounting staff understands all their duties as well as Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for supervising and guiding the accounting staff. Distribute tasks as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily accounting tasks are accurate and on time.
- Responsible for assisting during the month-end closing by preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for assisting other managers with arising queries as well as providing them with reports needed for the operation.
- Responsible for assisting with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, counseling, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of the Accounting staff.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the assistant controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with the assistant controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.