About the job
Based on the Group’s consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events.
The incumbent will assist the Head Country Business Development in planning, implementing, and coordinating all activities pertaining to the establishment, expansion and improvement of assigned international branches, in line with the Group’s overall expansion strategy. Coordinator with International Branches and small and medium subsidiaries
- Assist with the coordination of the development of business plans for assigned international branches and small and medium subsidiaries and monitoring their execution.
- Coordinate with QNB Head Office functions (i.e., Retail, Corporate, Treasury, Private Banking, Operations, ITD, Corporate Communications, Finance) to provide required support to assigned international branches.
- Liaise with IBD Business Support & Control staff, where required, to ensure observed risk and control issues are resolved.\
- Liaise with QNB Head Office departments to ensure assigned international branches follow Group standards and escalate identified gaps to IBD management.
- Monitor and update documentation for assigned projects. Provide support to the project and follow up on outstanding items where requested.
- Conduct annual/ semi-annual assessments of overseas branches and compare to peer group.
- Liaise with international network and QNB Head Office departments to benchmark QNB service levels and establish, monitor and ensure adherence to agreed SLAs
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Marketing, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Information Technology (related field of study)
- At least 4 years of relevant experience, preferably within a highly rated international bank.
- Demonstrated career development, progress, and excellent team leadership skills and potential
- Strong knowledge of the financial services arena and industry (MENA region experience preferable but not essential)
- Fundamental knowledge of economics (macro and micro), business administration and finance/ capital markets
- Strong managerial skills and experience in collaborating and communicating effectively with various different hierarchy levels across the organization
- Capability to motivate, drive and manage team
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, work well under pressure and get things done in an in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multi-cultural operating environment
- Proficiency in all standard business software applications, office communication tools and technologies with expert skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in financial analysis, modeling and business case development