About the job
About The Role
As a Manager of Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the overall Corporate Communications strategy to ensure alignment within the framework of the company’s business strategy and oversee all directed corporate communications activities and media relations.
Additional Responsibilities For The Role Are Listed Below
- Develop and identify the annual PR plan/opportunities and budget to maximize the visibility of Qatar Airways with regard to the above responsibility, and then deliver on this plan.
- Develop a robust communication strategy for all assigned regions, divisions, and stakeholders, and through the implementation of this plan generate the maximum amount of positive earned media while managing all media inquiries and minimizing negative coverage by dealing appropriately with all media situations.
- Through the management of all associated communications around launching new destinations, establish and build QR’s reputation as a rapidly growing airline that introduces 10+ new destinations annually thereby promoting our scale, scope, and ambition. Also, develop and manage the implementation of all messaging around new destinations to maximize the impact scale and quality of all earned media with regard to new destinations to enhance and promote QR’s brand awareness.
- Work with the Corporate Communications leadership team to contribute to the development of Qatar Airways’ overall corporate communications strategy and implement the plans, in support of the Company’s business objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the Crisis Communications plan, maintain the updated crisis communications manual and keep assigned staff trained
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of relevant College or University Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of job-related experience.
- 8 years of work experience as a professional corporate communicator or PR professional, part as a journalist acceptable.
- Multi-national experience working in diverse markets Preferred
- Journalism, Marketing, or Communications experience.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design, and professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction, and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Bachelors’ Degree equivalent or higher in Mass Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- Confidence in dealing with media queries in a timely and accurate manner
- Journalism background.
- Airline industry experience.