About the job
- Be fully aware of the company HSE requirements
- Ensure that all activities and works in responsibility are done in full compliance with the HSE requirements of company and the relevant Authorities
- Directs and provide close onsite supervision of all jobs being performed by the contractors in the assigned area within company facilities.
- Ensure implementation of the company Contract requirements in area of responsibility and report any deviation through the line responsible
- Actively contribute to safety walks, reporting of accidents and investigation of accidents
- Ensure that the works are being done in accordance with the Quality requirements
- Supervise the site HVAC maintenance activities and assist the Facilities and Services Engineer in the same
- Assist the Facilities and Services Engineer in reviewing and approving Work Method Statements
- Follow up site HVC maintenance activities to confirm compliance with Work Method Statements and Maintenance manuals
- Provides accurate maintenance history and closeout reports; maintains a log of all completed / ongoing work as per company requirements.
- Follow up Contractor and Subcontractors during execution to assure the quality and safety aspects of the work.
- Follow up Contractor and Subcontractors about interpretation and proper implementation of the technical content of the Contract documents
- Supports other disciplines related to HVAC works.
- Attend site inspections and verify correctness of the same
- Ability to understand technical & maintenance problems and develop a structured work pack, plan, and execution
- Recognition of defects & anomalies which represent a serious threat to safety/integrity of assets and timely/appropriate communication, notification to Company engineers, line management as appropriate.
- Identify, report, and follow up risks within own area of responsibility
- Review, evaluation and interpretation of inspection findings, defects, and repairs.
- Experience in working with air cooled and water cooled screw, centrifugal, reciprocating chillers.
- Knowledge on BMS controls, trouble shooting on electrical and electronic controls of air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge in air cooled and water cooled package units, fresh air units, Process explosion proof chillers.
- Knowledge in compressors
- Ability to design independently the HVAC units and ducts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized University
- 5+ years direct and relevant experience related to HVAC discipline in oil/gas or petrochemical or fertilizer industry, with at least 5 years in a supervisor role.