About the job
Lead a team of engineers and designers within the projects, the overall technical integrity of its work, and ensure that it is equipped to provide the required engineering services to Worley and its clients.
- Lead a team of engineers and designers and maintain a good balance between budget and client expectations.
- Closely co-ordinate with Client representatives as required for successful delivery
- Should be hands-on with QatarEnergy, Shell DEP Standards and in the preparation and checking of various engineering deliverables.
- Lead, prepare and deliver with the back-office team for multiple medium/small-sized portfolio projects.
- Deliver electrical engineering services that meet Worley, its customers’, and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and where required supervise electrical engineering project requirements
- Perform electrical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and follow required checking procedures.
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes.
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations, and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress, and
- ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers, and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer’s requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist, and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- An excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- An excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the One-Way Vision and its associated requirements.
- Mainly Offshore design, engineering and an overview of construction activities experience is a must.
- Incorporates safety in design and provides attention to sustainable design
- Well versed with High voltage systems at least up to 66kV systems inclusive of GIS, cables, transformers.
- Preparation of Single Line Diagrams, Protection Metering Diagrams, Load Lists.
- Preparation of scope of work and in-depth review of the Power System Analysis including load flow, short circuit, dynamic motor starting, harmonic analysis, protection co-ordination, arc flash studies, Transient Switching studies.
- Techno-economic approach in selection of the design options is a must
- Sizing calculations: Transformers, EDGs, AC/DC UPS including battery, PFCC, HV/LV cables, earthing, lightning protection as per IEC.
- Specification & Data Sheet for all electrical equipments and material.
- Well versed with selection of Ex rated equipment as per IEC Ex/ATEX and interpretations related to hazardous area classification
- Extensive knowledge of international standards and their applicability.
- Preference will be given to candidates with extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil and gas industry or power industry.
Industry Specific Experience
- Extensive Shell Projects work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry especially in offshore.
- Must have a minimum of 15 – 18 years of engineering and design experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Preferably Middle East experience
- Experience within the infrastructure, oil and gas industry or power industry.