About the job
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Ensuring technical integrity of the Civil and Structural discipline’s deliverables through the implementation of checking and design review activities.
- Proactively seek an understanding of the safety hazards and risks associated with the asset lifecycle of the designed product, plant or structure.
- Ensuring the actions from the implementation of Project Reviews and VIPs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Design and develop, as required, innovative technical approaches to the broader Civil and Structural engineering issues and contribute to continuous business improvement initiatives (fit for purpose)
- Communicate to project team and document key design decisions that may have a significant safety impact.
- Drive and delivery of an ever increasing effectiveness and efficiency in producing project designs.
- Planning of the execution of the Civil and Structural discipline’s activities to maintain project schedule.
- Manage quality and consistency within the discipline.
- Provide technical direction, control and supervision for engineering and design within the discipline.
- Resolution of discipline technical issues.
- Preparing discipline work-hours estimates for new proposal and development of deliverables lists
- To deliver the disciplines design deliverables within the work-hour budget.
- Manage discipline resources together with the Project Engineering Manager
- Identification of software requirements and selection of appropriate design tools.
- Identifying training needs of discipline personnel.
- Squad checking of deliverables (or delegating)
- Progress reporting of discipline deliverables and tasks and updates in progress reports.
- Identify and report potential variances to Project (using PVN)
- Updating lessons learnt in the lessons learnt register.
- Undertaking (or delegating) site visits.
- Manage interfaces within the discipline, with other disciplines and with third party contractors.
- Interfacing with procurement and construction.
- Coordinate change control and technical query process within the discipline
What You Will Bring
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related CIVIL I Structural Design and Engineering Performs as a professional CIVIL engineer for projects and plant modifications from Front End Development through execution I commissioning and start-up.
- Past work experience should cover the wider spectrum of the civil engineering discipline (e.g. concrete, steel structures, geotechnical, site preparations, drainage systems, buildings, etc.)
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas Project Delivery as a Umbrella Contract lead CIVIL equipment engineer function in a multidiscipline Workforce
- Experience in the Middle East, is preferred
- Experience with project management
Technical And Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- Sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of civil engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of civil engineering-specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in civil engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage