About the job
- Lead the team and complete the work within the planned schedule and budget, in accordance with codes and standards,
- Plan, organize and direct all aspects of the execution on the assigned project including scope, deliverables, schedule, and manpower resources.
- Maintain responsibility for progress and productivity, identifying any required actions.
- Review piping engineering deliverables such as site plan, plot plan, 3D-Model, specifications, pipe wall thickness calculations, line list, valve data sheets, stress analysis reports and procurement deliverables such as enquiry requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations, purchase requisition and vendor data review for piping items (valves, bulks, Special items, spring supports etc.)
- Commitment to Worley Puprose and Values
- Quality Assurance – work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Safety – responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures
What you will bring
Job Specific Knowledge
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Thorough knowledge of the regulations, codes and standards and a good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices applicable to topsides/plant layout and piping design for oil and gas facilities.
- Extensive current design experience is required in piping engineering, piping stress, pipe supports, topsides & onshore plant equipment layouts and detailed piping design, all gained with notable design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the industry.
- Extensive knowledge of piping materials to guide staff in the preparation of piping, valve and SP Item specifications and subsequently ensure purchase to required standards.
- Experience in greenfield, brownfields & asset services type project/contracts.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent in the use of relevant piping discipline-specific software.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR
Industry Specific Experience
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Must have sound offshore experience of at least 15 years involving complex greenfield development projects, with last 5 years’ at least, leading a team of piping discipline engineers and designers
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the piping discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same