About the job
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Ensuring QSGTL and statutory requirements including DEM1 and DEM2 standards are identified and addressed in the Electrical equipment design across all Purchase Orders and Programme. To be fully familiar and up to date with latest Shell and Industry standards and ensure compliance of projects design with these latest standards.
- Ensuring technical integrity of the Electrical discipline’s deliverables through the implementation of checking and design review activities.
- Proactively seek an understanding of the safety hazards and risks associated with the asset lifecycle of the designed product, plant or structure.
- Ensuring the actions from the implementation of Project Reviews and VIPs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Design and develop, as required, innovative technical approaches to the broader Electrical engineering issues and contribute to continuous business improvement initiatives (fit for purpose)
- Communicate to project team and document key design decisions that may have a significant safety impact.
- Drive and delivery of an ever increasing effectiveness and efficiency in producing project designs, through Elimination, Simplification, Standardisation and Automation balanced against the need for Top Quartile FEL in, and quality designs for the Qatar Project Delivery Hub projects.
- Planning of the execution of the discipline’s activities to maintain project schedule.
- Manage quality and consistency within the discipline.
- Provide technical direction, control and supervision for engineering and design within the discipline.
- Resolution of discipline technical issues.
- Preparing discipline man-hours estimates for new proposal and development of deliverables lists
- To deliver the disciplines design deliverables within the man-hour budget.
- Manage discipline resources together with the Project Engineering Manager
- Identification of software requirements and selection of appropriate design tools.
- Identifying training needs of discipline personnel.
- Squad checking of deliverables (or delegating)
- Progress reporting of discipline deliverables and tasks and updates in progress reports.
- Identify and report potential variances to Project (using PVN)
- Updating lessons learnt in the lessons learnt register.
- Undertaking (or delegating) site visits.
- Manage interfaces within the discipline, with other disciplines and with third party contractors.
- Interfacing with procurement and construction.
- Coordinate change control and technical query process within the discipline
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Proven leadership skills and strong personal drive in order to meet deadlines and specific targets. Team player with clear evidence of working with others to deliver on goals.
- Ability to work and manage in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong, and demonstrated, personal commitment to HSSE leadership and experience in managing HSSE throughout all project phases
- Design, selection and specification of Electrical equipment