About the job
- Assist in developing procurement plans and requisition schedules along with Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET)’s various projects, clients, divisions, and businesses. Coordinate with concerned stakeholders for timely updates on requisitions status, in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Provide a complete service interface between customers requesting divisions, the procurement department, and contractors/suppliers/service providers through the processing of procurement services in line with budgets, time, and AFET’s quality standards.
- Adhere to the centralized procurement policies and procedures to procure goods and services effectively and efficiently. Purchases must always be made at the right price, within budget, from the right source, at the right quality, and the right quantity delivered on time as was agreed contractually.
- Prepare requests for Information/Proposal/Quotation/Tenders with pertinent specifications, clear terms and conditions, and prepare tender quotations evaluation reports.
- Ensure purchasing, expediting, and material control functions are performed in accordance with the company’s highest standards.
- Review expenditure against approved budgets and maintain strict control on budgets and procurement programs.
- Conduct price analysis, and commercial evaluation of proposals in coordination with the technical team.
- Ensure that purchasing and vendor records are fully maintained and updated and assist the Procurement Manager and the Senior Procurement Engineer in the preparation of various reports, at regular intervals, on progress against the baseline procurement program and delivery schedules.
- Participate in quality audits and expedite closeout of any findings.
- Participate in price negotiation for Engineered equipment and significant bulk material orders with a view to achieving substantial savings for the company.
- Ensure that the stakeholders are kept up to date with the current status of the orders.
- Coordinate with the Accounts and Commercial Departments, to avoid any delays arising out of budget allocations, issuing of L/C’s, and other modes of payments.
- Assist with associated business requirements and related document verification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of experience in MEP procurement in bid projects.
- Certification in procurement is an asset.
- Proficient use of MS Office applications.
- Exposure to ERP is a must, preferably SAP.