About the job
Our team is our greatest asset and the key to our success. We demonstrate our beliefs in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others, as we would have them deal with us. Our team is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion.
Who We Look For
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
The Four Seasons Resort and Residences at The Pearl-Qatar is looking for Hygiene Manager to join our talented pre-opening team! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to be part of the world’s leading luxury hotel company! This individual takes ownership over their role and operation and can quickly connect to those around them. Confidence, adaptability, and the assurance of a quality experience make a successful candidate for this role.
- Verifies compliance with Food Safety, Hygiene & LWC Corporate Standards requirements of Four Seasons as well as the KSA local protocols/ legislations throughout the operations.
- Be part of developing and building up the internal documentation P&Ps, SOPs and checklist built up in regard to Food Safety, Hygiene & LWC corporate and local standards with the guidance of Director of Facilities and Operational Safety.
- Maintains and be accountable for regularly reviews the local protocol/ legislation and corporate standards and if required revises
- Monitors the implementation on daily and weekly basis with using the verification tools (i.e., ATP machine, quad test strip…), and advises/leads to all related departments on hygiene and food safety good practices and reports the findings of regular internal inspections via providing the corrective action plan as necessary, follows & ensures that the required actions are taken by responsible team members for their respective areas.
- Follows up and be accountable for all due diligence documents with all related department heads and guide them on when and how to fill the due diligence records.
- Identifies key areas of Food Safety & Hygiene risks in all concerned departments/divisions, if required takes on pre-emptive remedial action
- Be responsible for any corporate and local authorities internal/external audits.
- Conducts & organizes Food Safety& Hygiene internal & external trainings for all concerned colleagues on proper basis with Director of Facilities and Operational Safety. Also provide the Food Safety and Hygiene P&Ps and SOPs OJT for the specific departments where required.
- Leads and conducts regular supplier audits according to local & corporate standards with F&B, Kitchen and Purchasing Departments.
- Maintains and conducts the monthly laboratory food, water & ice sampling, weekly laboratory swabbing and review results and where required report to all concerned departments for further corrective actions.
- Monitor pest control performance and issues, reports the issues to all concerned departments.
- Ensures the local & corporate standards are achieved in terms of waste management by the responsible team members
- Provide knowledge on cleaning methods and chemicals liaising with 3rd party partners where required
- Handles the guest complaints in regard to AFBI with Director of F&B and Director of Facilities
- Oversee and present the repetitive issues and action required point during regular HACCP & LWC meetings on monthly basis with H&S Committee
- Support Security and P&C Departments for Covid-19 contact tracing of any suspected
- Perform audit, inspection, and verification activities to ensure food businesses are complying with all facets of the Food & Safety regulations
- Provide accurate and appropriate information, advice, recommendations
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of food safety principles, food technology, food microbiology, food legislation, food industry issues and trends
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Minimum two year of experience in working with a luxury/or 5* hotel and/or resort
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology or any related field
- Thorough knowledge of HACCP and quality assurance principles
- Good knowledge of food production and processing, food safety principles, food technology, food microbiology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, Arabic speaker is an advantage
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Unique strong culture – diversity of 50 different nationalities
- Living accommodation in a high-quality, well-resourced apartment
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels Worldwide
- Paid annual home leave tickets
- Complimentary meals in employee restaurants
- Free transportation to work
- Medical coverage
The hotel will apply for the work authorization for a successful candidate.