About the job
We are seeking a Public Transport Expert – Standards & Performance Requirements as part of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, Qatar Branch. The job opening is located in Doha, Qatar, and offers exciting challenges and employment period for 3-years full time as a potential career growth.
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
- Develop annual plans for quality programs and their applications and follow up on compliance with quality performance standards.
- Developing periodic plans and programs to expand the circle of knowledge about the importance and requirements of quality performance, and training on dealing with its applications.
- Supervising the implementation of approved plans and programs and working to develop their paths and tools
- Develop executive programs to monitor deficiencies in the quality of performance and points of violation of quality systems and procedures.
- Preparing and conducting studies and research related to conforming to international standards.
- Preparing instruction schedules and guidelines related to performance quality.
- Working within a team of specialists with consulting companies preparing the necessary studies
- Preparing technical reports, correspondence, and visual presentations related to the administration’s work and discussing them with those concerned with the ministry.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English, spoken and written.
- Manage delivery of progress reports and tasks and where required update, monitor and prepare reports on progress and deliverables.
- Manage sub-consultants and liaise with their project teams.
- Communicate with the client and other entities such as stakeholders and local authorities.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering), Specialization in Public Transport.
- Experience of 15 years or more in the field of Quality Public Transportation sevices performance.
- General knowledge of buses, railways, and metro, especially familiarity with the specifications and standards necessary to design, implement, operate, and maintain public transportation projects, and develop policies and strategies. And the necessary programs for that.
- International and GCC experience necessary. Qatar experiences advantageous.
- Technical knowledge and expertise in implementation of Public Transport (PT) planning and management, licensing and quality assurance, management and policy and strategy formulations.
- A thorough understanding of Qatar’s PT and land transport sectors vision to develop polices, strategies, regulations, and laws for the PT and land transport sectors.
- Experienced resources with a good understanding of emerging technologies and topics in Smart transportation such as integrated ticketing systems, public transport network, road tolling and pricing, connected vehicles/autonomous vehicles, Open data, intelligent transportation systems, parking management, clean energy, BRT systems, etc.
- Fluent in Arabic and English language. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.