About the job
The Teller represents the Operational role in Branch function to carry out activities as mentioned below. Also responsible to execute and supervise all the activities of Financial Transacting.
Ensure the key activities mentioned below is performed as per the laid down procedures and agreed service level agreement with the stakeholders.
- Attend to and assist customers on their service requests.
- Process all daily branch transactions accurately.
- To assist in customer queries and complaints.
- Responsible for receiving bulk cash
- Resolution of service issues and effective complaints handling (Logging of customer complaint in the bank system).
- Process various transactions over the counter (cash, cheques, drafts, transfers, etc.)
- Assist in general enquiries and investigating service issues.
- Direct customers to appropriate self-service/automated banking channels.
- Assist in branch administrative duties.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant teller procedures.
- Comply with all applicable Financial Crime Compliance procedures.
- Maintenance of Custodies as assigned.
- Adhere the bank Global Process Standards (GPS), channels.
- To assist chief teller in preparing cash deposit / withdrawal to / from QCB.
- Participate in UAT / UVT for systems used at cash area.
- Ensure compliance with external and internal regulations and policies covering Operational, Credit, Reputational and People Risk.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the process & procedures relevant to the role.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of general banking, and teller services.
- Ensure zero operational loss and effective complaint management.
- Report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer of Fraud Control.
- Responsible for maintaining audit readiness at all times.
- To ensure that the Bank adhere the Group and local Financial Crime responsibilities (AML/Sanctions/ABC).
- To report any suspicious transaction / activity immediately to the supervising officer of Fraud Control along with the MLRO and Head of FCC in case of AML nexus.
People & Talent
- Living the values of SCB at all times and adhere to the Group code of conduct.
- Strive to keep the healthy working environment in the unit and with other internal teams.
- Develop good rapport with the stake holder and colleagues from other countries to adopt the best practices
- To promote an environment where all staff develop a sense of involvement in the conduct of their regular work and contribute with the objective of achieving excellence in service quality.
- To get self and team members cross skilled in order to support other units and be future ready.
- To ensure all risk events and near misses are logged & closed in EORP on time.
- To take responsibility of ensuring that all process changes are duly updated in the DOI.
- To ensure that the department gets a satisfactory audit rating in all external / internal reviews
- Avoid revenue leakage and ensure that there are no debits to P&L Accounts without appropriate authority
- To ensure that all risks and losses related to clearing are identified, documented and registered in EORP.
- Ensure all practices within the unit comply with risk and compliance procedures minimizing any operational loss in respect of all activities. Ensure controls are in place and operational risk is managed across the portfolio according to group policy
- Ensure compliance to sanctions, AML, KYC policies periodically given by the group
- Ensure that COPMAN checks are performed daily and updated in system.
- Regulatory Reports
- Risk are identified, reported and mitigated properly to avoid any negative audit comments or operational losses.
- Ensure escalations are raised as per procedures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Qatar branch to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Personnel in CCIB Client Relationships
- Transactions Banking
- Financial markets, Global Markets (Treasury), Information Technology (IT) unit
- Consumer Banking Governance teams
- Business Risk Managers
- Central Bank Clearing house
- Branch Manager
- Head Cash Management Operations
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in QATAR Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats);
Our Ideal Candidate
- Some experience of handling cash
- Understanding of MS office tools.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Data Science
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Operational expertise
- Risk management
- People management