About the job
- Support process safety and risk management involving implementation of the Company’s Loss Prevention and Risk Engineering processes and deliverables. The scope includes associated subsurface facilities including Wells and Drilling and Completions.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) – I
- Role involves implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with emerging regulations and changing requirements, coping with extended scope over all onshore and offshore assets including projects, specifically from Sub-surface and D&C perpsective.
- Major challenges are (1) establishing and maintaining alignment with Operations organizations and (2) ensure safe and reliable operations in a cost-effective way by providing sufficient technical information and guidance to influence others to take sound risk-based decisions.
- Covers multiple locations with different requirements and priorities e.g. Sub surface (Well Integrity & Management, Drilling & Completion activities, Offshore facilities etc.
- Work requires analytical, interpretative and constructive thinking, with a significant degree of evaluative/professional judgment.
- Works in accordance with Company policies, and procedures, and understanding of relevant industry and international standards
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Provide Process Safety, Loss Prevention & Risk Engineering support to Subsurface assets during normal operations, maintenance, shutdowns and brownfield projects as well as to Drilling & Completions department.
- Review Drilling & Completions and Well Integrity related process safety incidents, Emergency Response Plans, SIMOPS & Bridging Documents and participate in incident investigations
- Coordinate Safety Case & Barrier Management for existing subsurface facilities and Drilling & Completions.
- Ensure process safety by identifying and assessing process components that pose risks and developing procedures and action plans to mitigate them.
- Support risk-engineering activities related to risk management and risk analyses studies responding to plant operational events, assisting in the development of risk-based solutions to novel or higher risk situations.
- Co-ordinate deployment and implementation of company process safety and risk management objectives and programs in the assigned assets
- Provide Loss Prevention input and review for engineering documentations, project deliverables, interface documents to ensure they meet with the relevant standards.
Key Job Accountabilities – II
- Facilitate, lead hazard identification and risk assessment studies and prepare related reports.
- Participate in MOC (Management of Change) Process. Review Management of Change requests (MOCs) and consult with assigned engineers and the functional groups to ensure that Plant\Field integrity and safety is maintained.
- Manage, Review and Analyse process safety performance indicators, develop required report and provide insight analysis to support performance improvement.
- Represent Loss Prevention in projects for safety studies (as required) including, HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model Review, SIL Review, QRA.
- Provide coaching and Mentor Qatari IDP Engineers during the IDP phase and also during the post IDP period
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Safety).
Knowledge and/or Experience – I
- 8 years’ experience in loss prevention and technical safety in the oil and gas industry with special emphasis on process safety, and risk assessment/studies.
- Knowledge of offshore and onshore drilling rigs, workover operations & equipment, other related support facilities and well control equipment.
- Working knowledge of Oil & gas field development and Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS).
- Special emphasis is placed on ability to lead hazard identification reviews utilizing recognized techniques (e.g., HAZOP, What-If, etc.) with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative risk assessment techniques. Practical knowledge of safe systems of work is essential with Emergency Preparedness and Subsurface facilities knowledge/experience strongly desirable
- Ability to read engineering drawings/documents and communicate with other engineers is essential.