About the job
About our client:
Our client is a world-class integrated petrochemical plant producing high-density and medium-density polyethylene, 1-hexene and other products, using state-of-the-art technology. They have a production designed capacity of 453,000 tonnes/year of PE and a 1-hexene unit with a designed capacity of 47,000 tonnes/year. The site also has a Sulphur recovery and solidification plant, a water treatment plant, seawater cooling system, dock facilities and administrative buildings. Their vision is to grow sustainably, in alignment with Qatar National Vision and became the leader of world class operators in the petrochemical industry by 2027.
- Supervise the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in line with the annual business plans, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is applicable to expatriate employees only.
Quality Control Management
- Review the adaptation and implementation of new equipment and/or analytical methods required for company laboratory, to ensure the application of industry leading and effective techniques.
- Review and manage special/complex samples and/or special analytical problems for respective area.
- Perform quality inspection of plant raw materials against company approved raw material specifications to ensure optimal quality and compliance.
- Supervise the maintenance of implemented methods to ensure their availability and accuracy as per company test method list.
- Lead efforts on troubleshooting of laboratory issues and ensure calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Support all Quality related plant studies or improvement and run quality checks after maintenance/TA engagements to ensure quality of operations and products.
- Recommend and set direction for lab’s HSE, methods, procedures, techniques, and technical guidance for Quality Lab.
- Assist operating units in resolving issues through understanding of chemistry, analytical methods, and equipment.
- Act as the focal point for operating units and business units to interface with the lab.
- Provide technical input and guidance to ensure laboratory support for process troubleshooting, process improvement, and new business development.
- Support production teams to develop testing protocols and methods for new product development and function as a technical resource for customer audits in addition to troubleshooting issues on existing products or feed stocks.
- Identify opportunities for improvement for laboratory testing and methods and cost reduction.
- Required (Qualification1 / Discipline): Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering.
- Preferred (Qualification1 / Discipline): Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering.
- Required (Years2 / Job Level3 / Industry): 5-7 years of experience in Quality Control and Lab function in the O&G Industry.
- Preferred (Years2 / Job Level3 / Industry): Experience in Petrochemicals industries.
- Required (Language / Level4): English- proficient.
- Preferred (Language / Level4): Arabic- working knowledge