About the job
The Butler department is at the center of the Raffles Doha guest service experience. The supervisor role encompasses a spectrum of responsibilities from organizing and directing Butlers for pre-arrival, arrival, in-house, departure and post-stay arrangements. A Butler Supervisor plays a vital role in overseeing the daily operations of the Butler team, filled with purpose in actions to contribute and deliver experiences that are astounding and superlative. A person, who organises all tasks of Butlers, guides and inspires the Butlers through examples, innovative-thinker, embodies a strong sense of leadership, communicator who creates an atmosphere that is positive for both team and residents.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language.
- Ascertains and addresses guest/colleague needs.
- Focuses on service with an eye for detail and an approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, exercises good judgment and with a high degree of professionalism.
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication and support for continuous improvement.
- Must be a self-starter, coach & mentor who can inspire the team to perform their best.
- Flexible management style to meet challenge of a changing work environment.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and shows good initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Possesses good computer and property management system skills.
- Embraces and responds to change effectively.
- Obtains strong local market knowledge.
- Understands international luxury travelers and their needs.
- International level of quality and non-hotel experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of cultural nuisances in dealing with local and Middle Eastern guests.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Has full awareness, manages, and supervises all tasks of his/her staff.
- Directs work assignments of non-supervisory personnel.
- Informs other operating departments of matters related to Butler operations.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team.
- Receives, records, and distributes various reports via the Opera system.
- Receives, records, and always transmits guest requests and preferences accurately to the team.
- Maintains and update administrative data’s.
- Maintains key control and track sheet.
- Ensures that the pre-arrival preparation is under control and report them to Assist. Head Butler / Head Butler.
- Ensures smooth handover of daily activities to next shift.
- Appraise appearance, discipline, and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision.
- Maintains working area and equipment in a proper state of cleanliness and repair.
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections through emotional luxury between Butlers and guests.
- Handle guest complaints: delegates immediately and reports to Head Butler / Assistant Head Butler.
- Meticulously follow consumptions of guest supplies.
- Designates department trainer, proactively identifies training needs and schedules consistent trainings in multi-aspect that builds Butlers’ confidence.
- Monitors performances and provides timely feedback for improvements.
- Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions guests’ needs and wants and orchestrates special occasions and celebrations.
- Promptly answers any in-house guest calls, instant messages and emails and communicates with respective departments in the resolution of guests’ requests.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Ensures repeat guests are met and greeted by Butlers daily and profiles are updated.
- Ensures long-staying, special attention, occasion celebrating guests are taken care of exclusively by Butlers, paying particular attention to their needs and requests.
- Fully understands the responsibility of providing the promised service to be given, even it means running a pantry for the needed period / crunch times.
- Fully understands that the Butler position and the whole department constantly renews and develops itself to make sure to keep up with the trends in hospitality industry.
- Has an awareness of all positions in the Butler service dept. including their job functions.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Hotels Values – Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Executes the annual upsell strategy and achieves all goals as set by management and cooperates with the Front Office team in promoting inter-hotel sales and in-house restaurants and facilities.
- Cooperates closely with In-Suite Dining and Housekeeping to ensure a seamless In Room Dining and cleaning experience. Acts as a link for guests with all other areas of the hotel.
- Addresses any security incidents and guest complaints to the Head Butler and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes 5 star / Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Performs any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel.
- Follows Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency.