About the job
About The Role
Jet Fuel is the life blood of any airline, this role will lead the Fuel Procurement team to manage and maintain the security of fuel supply across our network. The team actively supports the 24/7 operations of QR Cargo & Qatar Executive and their ad-hoc business models, as well as the day to day support of supplier management and commercial fuel contracts
Additionally, Qatar Airways is committed to achieving the use of 10% SAF by 2030 and net-zero emissions by 2050. This journey will not be simple and will require a coordinated approach across multiple stakeholders within our business. You will support the development and implementation of a Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) Sourcing Strategy for one of the world’s leading global airlines. You will be critical to the development and delivery of Qatar Airways SAF roadmap ensuring we meet our 2030 10% SAF utilization target.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Maintaining contract compliance across a broad range of service contracts covering the Qatar Airways global network, in accordance with defined procurement policies & procedures.
- Responsible for high-level negotiations with suppliers on costs, commercial and contractual terms and producing management reporting to support budgeting.
- Source services to support the launch of operations at new stations across the network
- Enable the delivery of stakeholder cost reduction targets.
- Provision of strategic analysis to clearly define comprehensive Category planning.
- Develop cost saving plans for QR Group from budgeted amounts to reduce overall expenditure.
- Responsible for the definition of supply strategy for relevant product categories
- Develop cross functional strategic planning with colleagues to ensure QR leverage all benefits possible.
- Ensure high service levels from the Procurement team for QR Group including timelines, professionalism, communications and expectations.
- Setting and achieving Category KPls, regularly assessing progress to keep delivery on track.
- Manage quality control throughout project life cycle by maintaining delivery timelines, mitigating project risks, and act as a liaison with all project stakeholders to ensure effective change management
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with minimum 8 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in buying and/or selling jet fuel.
- Experience in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)
- Experience in Supplier Management.
- Experienced Procurement Professional with a credible track record in the delivery of multiple service led projects, undertaken in accordance with strategic sourcing principles.
- Prior experience in building strong working relationships with stakeholders to work jointly to meet stretching savings targets.
- Procurement or related experience in airline industry will be preferred
- Prior experience in managing a team would be an advantage