About the job
As a Chef de Partie, you will be responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen by managing a small team of workers, in which they are responsible for keeping organized to ensure food is delivered on time and the work area remains clean and tidy. Also responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section with their specialty, as well as culinary functions in general to ensure all standards has been followed as per food safety guidelines.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Plan, prepare, and cook menu items in their section as directed by Sous Chef by following recipes and standards to ensure that all food is prepared as per HACCP standards.
- Assist and involve in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- Conduct inventory periodically as per schedule to ensure all meals produced in the shift are as per requirements and left overs are managed effectively to minimize wastage.
- Compile all food orders for sections under their supervision, to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
- Review and gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning with Sous Chef, managing wastage and maintaining kitchen productivity.
- Spot check culinary sections by following daily checklist to cover all food productions activity in timely manner.
- Monitor kitchen stock movement and ordering system, to ensure all stock levels are in line with the standards and demands and avoid excess stock.
- Report and record and kitchen equipment issue in timely manner to avoid any interruption during food production.
- Conduct kitchen stock take with Storekeeper as per schedule, by consolidating all items and quantity correctly to ensure all inventory are accurate.
- Report any food safety issues to Sous Chef, occurring inside the kitchen or restaurant buffet counter, by giving complete report and evidence for further investigation and review to avoid any food poisoning.
- Perform other department duties related to their position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualifications. Additional trade certificates or relevant training certificates are highly preferred.
- Culinary school or certified culinary professional courses/program/Diploma/Degree.
- A successful completion of a major international brand or hotel apprenticeship.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience and previously worked as a Commis Chef.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English language.
- Good Working, knowledge about food and beverage production.
- Creative in craft skills with a working knowledge of food production.
- Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course.
- HACCP Training.
- Computer literate (MS Office)