About the job
Purpose of the Job
A Freight pricing executive is responsible for analyzing competitor pricing matched with market expectations to determine the ideal target price for freight products of the business. Duties include providing thorough analytical breakdowns of pricing structures and sales funnels of similar competitor products and services and identifying specific strategies used in pricing models of the same. Freight pricing executive assists and backups the sales and operations departments with rate requests and rate agreements.
- Able to carry out procuring the best cost and selling negotiations, work with pricing tool or spreadsheets and run or participate in cost related meetings with airlines, shipping lines and suppliers.
- Negotiate service contract freight rates and terms and conditions and respond to spot shipment rate requests and implement tariffs.
- Prepare regular reports on status of inquiries either weekly or monthly on the list of inquiries win or lost.
- Support the product development & Growth acceleration in terms of day-to-day ad hoc freight inquiries.
- Develop and build solid relationships with carriers, agents, and counterparts, at all levels, seeking best fit to secure the necessary rates and space agreements.
- Follow up with airlines / shipping lines for spot rates ex: reduction in rates on specific trade lane due to capacity issues.
- Prepare reports to determine Transportation Cost Analysis based on and International carrier rates and operating cost, etc.
Job Requirements (Experience and education)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or any other field.
- Minimum two (2) years international freight forwarding experience specifically with pricing, carrier relations and freight quotations or operations.
- Excellent MS office skills: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Good commands in professional emails writing.
- Good to have experience in Cargowise.
- Problem solving, accuracy, attention to detail and analytical ability is required