About the job
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The job holder is required to use every possible strategy to recover the defaulted installments while maintaining the relationship with the customer. Work on delinquent account classes using a collection system to collect credit arrears, maximize recovery and minimize loss, by employer contact, customer contact, using telephone and mail system and raising legal cases.
In this role, you will:
- All assigned delinquent accounts are to be worked daily basis.
- To identify skip, left employment cases and route them to proper class with proper code in the same day and follow up regularly.
- Recommend cases to legal (court, police) if necessary after doing all collection efforts.
- Answer all inbound calls from delinquent customers.
- Follow-up broken promises by calling the delinquent customers who break their promises to pay and ensure repayments are received.
- Educate customers to avoid future delinquencies.
- Request follow-up letters by using different letter depending on the severity of the case.
- Manually block/unblock delinquent customers’ accounts and collecting monthly instalments.
- Maintain good relationships with customers by recommending appropriate solution and suggestions for them to avoid further delinquency.
- Minimize the customer’s complaints. Manage the client onboarding process and all related activities.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Accountability while managing parts of the responsibilities on his/her own.
- Good understanding of all functions of the department and should be able to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills, and ability to manage difficult customers.
- Excellent negotiation skills.