About the job
As a heavy vehicle driver, you will be responsible to drive QDF Heavy Trucks to collect and transport stock and materials to and from various QDF locations, Air Cargo complex and QDF Warehouse. you will be responsible for the physical loading and offloading of items, boxes, cages and pallets by manual handling, operating the truck tail lifts, pushing cages by hand and using pallet lifters to move the pallets. Work includes continuous physical movements.
Key Accountabilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Driving QDF Heavy Trucks to transport stock and materials to and from various QDF locations to ensure timely receipt of items at destination for business requirements. Independently handle collection and transport of stock and materials from Air Cargo complex to QDF Warehouse to do timely goods receipt of stock sent by suppliers by Air shipments.
- Transporting with MOI / Customs inspection all goods and materials to be moved from Airside to Landside via Cargo complex and MOI gates to make timely deliveries to Landside destinations.
- Safe and legal operating of the commercial motor vehicle, ensuring company assets are well protected, personal safety guideline is well followed at all time and all the necessary documentation regarding vehicle operation in airport environment is available to ensure safety and security requirements are met.
- Reporting immediately the issues or challenges faced in the transportation process to the Supervisors to ensure timely resolution and get delivery on schedule.
- Loading and offloading of cages and pallets by operating the truck tail lifts, pushing cages by hand and using pallet lifters for moving the pallets in order to support the delivery process.
- Ensuring vehicles are cleaned and take it for scheduled maintenance to ensure safety of vehicle and drive.
- Submiting written incident report on accidents involving driver or company vehicle ensuring that all incidents are reported to the supervisors on a timely manner.
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- Valid Heavy Medium Truck driving license.
- Fork lift operator license.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Worked as a Heavy or Medium truck driver.
- Worked as a Heavy or Medium truck driver in Qatar or Middle East.
- Operated tail lift or boom cranes on the truck.
- Worked for delivery of stock in FMCG industry.
Job Specific Skills:
- Must be able to read, write and understand instructions given in English
- Must be able to pass the AVOP course within 3 months of joining to be able to drive Airside.
- Understand safety guidelines and follow them.
- Must be able to lift / move / manoeuver goods up to 75 kg.
- Ability to pull heavy carts of stock through the facility.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting and reaching during entire length of the shift.
- Must be able to drive vehicles for long hours.
- Arabic language skills.
- Retail product knowledge.
- Mercedes Mallaghan truck operation trained.
- Forklift operation skills.