About the job
About The Role
As Lead Buying Officer, you are responsible for providing effective support and managing the purchasing function for Qatar Duty Free Company (QDFC), ensuring that sufficient stock are available at all times to satisfy the projected sales growth. You will investigate new product opportunities and present range proposals and analyse in depth performance with a view to focusing the range and maximizing profitability for the company. You will be responsible for margin and cost of sale related expenditure and specific category responsibility as advised on an on-going basis.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Support, train and manage team members on day to day job functions to execute strategy and plans.
- Ensure stock availability/collections to achieve annual category budgeted net sales and margin.
- Analyse current consumer trends and predict future trends to ensure products are in line with the market offer.
- Report on current purchasing activity to the Management and monitor stock levels in INAX while minimizing stock write offs.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Suppliers, meeting with them regularly for formal reviews to ensure product guidelines are met and best fit products are selected and launched on time.
- Work in partnership with retail and marketing department to ensure effective marketing, assist Line Manager with development of consumer and shopper communication strategy and plans.
- Review performance of products and ranges in conjunction with the Management and reacting as necessary to improve the effect and monitoring performance. Review destination and daily inbound reports to analyse requirements and sales.
- Attend trade shows to keep abreast of the changing market place. Negotiate, in the best interest of the Company, with “International and Local” suppliers, regarding selection, price, terms, deliveries, freight, and insurance, quality special discounts, extended credit and general marketing support, strategy and training to maximize the profitability of the organisation.
- Share signed purchase orders with the suppliers once approved to monitor the purchasing process. Follow-up on shipment orders placed and receive invoice from suppliers.
- Support Line Manager to manage product detail for catalogues, sourcing and selection of imagery and content, PR copy briefing, desk and market research.
- Review destination and daily inbound reports to analyse sales.
- Visit HIA weekly to liaise work with visual merchandising team to ensure brand/stock are in line with operational/brand requirement.
- Coordinate with production for all special events’, such as Eid, Christmas, etc. requirements as needed to ensure product availability.
- Prepare technical and commercial reports as per request of the line manager.
The Successful Candidate Will Have The Following Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with minimum 4 years of job-related experience; or
- High School Qualification / Diploma or Equivalent with minimum 5 years of job-related experience
Skills And Experience
- Proven track record in the ability to manage stock on a day-to-day basis
- Direct hands-on experience with Oracle / Navision / inventory management system.
- Proven track record of handling complex issues and negotiations.
- Experience in the operating system of Microsoft Navision, Business central or Oracle financials.
- Experienced In Food Safety such as HACCP and / or Iso 22000 with quality assurance implementation or related training (For F&B)
- Must be proficient with computer skills especially email and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of statistical process controls.
- Ability to handle complex issues and negotiations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- Well-developed lateral and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Excellent project management skills; able to deliver tasks within tight deadlines.
- Creative and innovative; able to design new and effective solutions.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Good command of English Language.