About the job
- HSE-related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health, and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant industry HSE experience.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e., greenfield and brownfield work).
- Supports the EPC project in all SHES-related disciplines and scope of work. Shall be flexible and team-orientated. Act as the key focal point for all SHES compliance field issues.
- Manages the onboarding of EPC CONTRACTOR, Subcontractors and Vendors to site, ensuring all relevant SHES requirements are met prior to the start of site works.
- Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily attendance of Toolbox Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) to ensure these fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels.
- Provide oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements. Review and comment on CONTRACTOR SHES Plan and key supporting documents
- Coordinate SHES site resource planning, assignment, oversight, and performance reviews. Provide mentoring and promote development of COMPANY and CONTRACTOR SHES personnel.
- Use networking, influencing skills, negotiation skills, and technical knowledge to help establish direction and culture for the NFS Onshore project EPC construction site. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required, e.g., client’s Operations, Major Projects, CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s). Manage SHES related interface with RLC on behalf of CONTRACTOR when required.
- Participate in relevant site safety reviews, walkthroughs and audits as required. Participate in pre-start up safety reviews. Participate in SHES assessments and inspections.
- Ensure SIMOPS and relevant SHES programs for Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and start-up are in place and complied with.
- Ensure the continual improvement of the CONTRACTOR SHES management system. Pro-active identification of negative trends which requires corrective action and remediation.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s):
- Supports the SHES and Project Management in terms of SHES requirements for a large, LNG Plant including associated facilities and infrastructures comprising of 2X7.8MTPA process trains, as well as large and complex utilities and off-sites.
- This position is involved in the management and site implementation of Safety, Health, Environmental and Security throughout the project duration and collaborates with relevant departments, Area Division Managers, and disciplines to protect the well-being of the project personnel.
- Job holder manages activities of assigned team, implements approved SHES objectives, develops solutions to SHES related issues using initiative, project procedures, best practices and personal knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work in a multi-faced/ multi-national organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships/ interfaces. Senior-level position with broad technical and Environmental skills with working knowledge of project management.