About the job
You will provide process engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the process engineering team.
- Deliver process engineering services that meet Worley’, its customers’ and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise process engineering project requirements.
- Perform process engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress;and
- ensure the required services meet Worley,its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer’s requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What You Will Bring
Technical and Industry Experience :
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment Experience in carrying out surge studies using Pipenet Transient is mandatory.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the process discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Specialized expertise of the fundamental requirements of the process discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- Specialized expertise of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of process design/engineering with wide experience in multi-discipline areas
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proficient in process simulation packages such as HYSYS, Flarenet, PipeSys.
- PipeNet software experience for flow assurance.
- Good experience of carrying out dynamic simulations.
- Proficient in PFD / P & ID development.
- Specialized knowledge of Shell DEP’s, API Standards (API-520, API-521, API-14C, API-14E) and statutory and regulatory requirements and a good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices applicable to process design for oil and gas/refinery/petrochemical facilities.
Industry Specific Experience
- Minimum 5 years of process design in offshore oil & gas industry in a brownfield environment.
- FEED and detailed engineering experience is essential.
- Recent experience in an engineering consultancy in a multidiscipline environment is essential.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage