About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Senior Aeronautical Information Management officer, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The Senior Aeronautical Information Management officer manages daily activities related to publication of Aeronautical information used within the Qatar Airways group. The role involves key tasks and activities related to handling of Aeronautical Information Publications and management of databases related to NOTAMs and Airports.
- Manage a library containing Aeronautical Information Publications (AIP).
- Handle subscription service of Aeronautical Information Publications for budget purposes.
- Analysis of AIP content for operational impact.
- Ensure timely distribution of critical aeronautical information to end user.
- Liaise with State Authority and external agencies on queries and quality matters related to Aeronautical information.
The NOTAM database process, stores, distribute and allows retrieval of NOTAMs. Key responsibilities include; Administrative work related to tracking software defects, performing NOTAM database integrity checks, Acceptance testing for business compliance and support tasks related to new enhancement and development projects.
Maintain a database containing basic aeronautical information and company related aerodrome details. Provide manual entry of aeronautical data and perform database integrity checks. Verify aeronautical information received from 3rd parties. Resolve discrepancies for incomplete or erroneous content and support works related to database enhancement and development projects.
General operational duties
Create and maintain operational content published in Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) section manual. Generate quarterly reports on quality of aeronautical data issued by state authority and conduct audits of Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) library. Conduct on job training for new joiners and prepare training material to support AIM training activities. Lastly, perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the effective functioning of the team.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience.
- Experience working in either Airline flight support-role with a navigation background or Aeronautical Information Service office environment.
- Knowledge of AIS activities related to Aeronautical Information Publications and NOTAMs.
- Experience in the handling of Aeronautical Information publications.
- Demonstrate knowledge in aviation navigation subjects and aviation regulatory publications.
- Experience in using flight planning system, preferably LIDO.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software’s (Word, Excel, outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in English Language (Spoken and written).
- Ability to train and develop staff skills sets.
- Have basic understanding of navigation chart products, i.e. Jeppesen Navigation Charts.
- Familiar with Regulatory bodies publications, i.e. EASA, ICAO Docs and Annexes.
- Cartographic, geographic or information management field.
- Working knowledge and experience using applications related to managing large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM) and digital NOTAMs.