About the job
About The Role
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Specialist for Ground Services in Doha.
The role is responsible for the overall administrator of ALTEA DCS and other Airlines GHA Systems operational at QR Airports, ensuring to support DCS, operational & functional issues including testing and implementation and enhancement systems.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Administer fully manage ALTEA Departure control systems by updating the database of : Altea Customer Management (CM) and Altea Flights Management (FM).
- Ensure that the data base of ALTEA DCS (CM & FM) have all the required rules, values and policies as per Ground Services to ensure the check-in and weight & balance system are operating safely and effectively
- Validate the system regularly by performing regular tests and quality checks every 3 months.
- Recommend minimum 3 enhancements in ALTEA DCS each quarter thru Amadeus Community Forums
- Conduct training and On the Job Training for new enhancements at least 1 month prior to introduction.
- Writing systems related bulletins and procedures manuals whenever its applicable.
- Set up of Inter Airline through check in links as and when required.
- The Database maintenance is essential to ensure ALTEA DCS operates safely and in compliance of QR Policies.
- Ensure that check list for DCS Teams & Procedure for Emergency flight handling (spike data in DCS) is in place, update regularly every quarter to ensure safety practices.
- Perform other department duties related to his/ her position as directed by the Head of Department.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Must be have High School Qualification/ Vocational Qualification/ Diploma or Equivalent with minimum of 5 years job-related experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years job-related experience.
- Essential to have at least 2 years with specialize technical experience in Departure Control Systems.
- Having 3 years’ experience in Airport Operations special Load Control, Check-in Systems and other DCs Systems experience will be an advantage.
- Experience in Airline or Travel Industry IT applications.
- Must have good knowledge of DCS System specially QR.
- Well develop interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint and Oracle.
- Positive Attitude, high sense of commitment, and hardworking.