About the job
About The Role
As the official partner for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, Qatar Airways will welcome a large number of fans to the country. To ensure our readiness, Qatar Airways Human Resources is preparing to onboard and train new talent. As Project Manager – Human Resources, you will oversee execution, monitor progress and manage risks for delivery of targets and goals to ensure HR division readiness; the role will report into Senior Manager HR PMO.
Other Operational Duties Would Include
- Build, recommend and execute a detailed project roadmap for HR project goals aimed at ensuring readiness for FIFA World Cup 2022
- Co-create & execute project plans focused on successful delivery of the approved plans across HR areas in alignment with all stakeholders & internal departments (e.g. IT, Finance, other Business Divisions etc.)
- Manage stakeholders & partnerships internally across HR and other departments (e.g. IT, Finance, Procurement etc.) to ensure cohesive, timely, seamless and effective delivery of project goals
- Manage planning, monitor execution, organize review meetings, work with members from others departments and remove blockers;
- Oversee plans to ensure buy-in from across HR, Business Leaders and other groups (as required)
- Create, Track and manage budgets, track expenses and create reports for key stakeholders
- Create business cases / spend justifications to warrant and track investments in project delivery
- Ensure project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Use past experience to proactively “anticipate” risk and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and plans
- Ensure risks, assumptions and constraints are appropriately communicated to key stakeholders and escalated when necessary
- Establish, manage and govern the HR project management framework (including policies, tools, processes, programs and forums)
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the HR – Management Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of job-related experience.
- At least 7 years of project management and 3+ years of people management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Clarizen).
- Experience working with broad diverse teams and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.