About the job
Qatar Airways (QR) has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to change how we interact with our customers. As part of this journey, we are now recruiting for the role of Marketing Officer – Africa.
Based in our Doha Office. you will be assisting the Marketing Manager in setting the marketing budget and the elaboration of the marketing plan in coordination with the management. Supports the development and success of the Marketing function of Africa as well as taking responsibility for specific marketing campaigns and projects within the Department and to assist with the implementation of the Department’s campaigns, policy and strategies.
- Support Marketing Manager in defining and executing a multi-channel marketing strategy to deliver growth and meet revenue targets by identifying new customers and maximizing existing customer relationships.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with the strategic development of the marketing plan and marketing calendar.
- Ensure all marketing communication, collateral and brand exposure are in line with brand guidelines.
- Assist in execution of marketing activities, both above- the – line and below-the-line including brand and tactical campaigns, digital marketing, events and social media.
- Assist in developing all marketing artworks and messaging with the support of Marketing Manager.
- Support in the development of target-oriented campaigns based on customer segmentation and market intelligence.
- Source and share market research, insight and trends that will improve the quality of the campaigns delivered in the region.
- Ongoing measurement and optimization of all marketing budget spend to ensure objectives are being met.
- Observe and comply with all procurement, finance and contractual policies and procedures to ensure the region is compliant with company requirements.
- Work with Finance to ensure suppliers are paid on time and expenses are being accrued.
- Ensure brand, messaging, style and tone consistency is always maintained.
- Propose and contribute in developing and executing new and innovative initiatives.
- Assist to deliver regional events and exhibitions to the required QR standard.
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner.
- Deliver ongoing and timely reports requested by Regional Marketing Manager
- Ensure post activity and campaign evaluations are produced, identifying effectiveness of activity and quantitative ROI
- Support to evaluate sponsorship proposals for and submit to Regional Marketing Manager
- Relevant College or University qualification equivalent to Bachelor’s level
- Airline specialized courses in customer services, sales techniques and marketing.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in the commercial sector preferably in sales or marketing.
- Proficient level of English, excellent organizational skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point essential.